If you love cigarettes and you are used to buying them often, you will know that the price of cigarettes is going up every day.
This poses a challenge to many cigarette smokers. Therefore to save some money, you may decide to buy your cigarettes in bulk and keep them for a long time.
It is a great challenge to keep cigarettes fresh for a long time, especially when you buy them in bulk or roll many cigarette at a time in your home. How do you overcome this challenge? We are going to list some of the tips that can be used in keeping cigarettes fresh and then list a step-by-step guide of one of the commonly used methods.
1. Buy a Cigar Humidor
A good cigar humidor can help you to keep your cigarettes fresh. It will remove some of the humidity in the room and keep the cigarettes dry, which will make them keep fresh. Use it to monitor the temperature and humidity level in the room.
2. Check the Room Temperature
A cigarette is like a living thing. It also needs a place with a good temperature if it will continue to be fresh for a long time. It has to be kept in a room which is relatively dry, and which has a humidity of about 70%. Therefore, check the temperature of the room where you intend to keep your cigarettes.
3. Keep Them in Their Wrapping
One thing you can do to keep your cigarettes fresh for a long time is to let them stay in their wrapping when you bring them home. Let the cigarettes stay in their packs until you are ready to smoke them. As a result, they will stay fresh for a long time.
4. Get a Cigarette Pack Holder
Buy a cigarette pack holder which can keep your cigarettes from becoming wet. You can put it in the pocket of your clothes or in your bag. It will prevent them from getting crushed. Furthermore, it will keep your cigarettes fresh when you are walking around.
5. Use a Humidor Bag
Another way you can keep them fresh for a long time without going bad is to put the cigarettes in humidor bags. These bags can be obtained from some cigarette sellers. The bags will keep the cigarettes fresh for many days. Ask for such a bag when you are buying your cigarettes. The seller will readily give it to you.
6. The Commonly Used Old Cigar Boxes
- Get an old cigar box or plastic bins.
- Wash the container very well with soap and warm water to kill all the germs in it.
- Let the container dry completely.
- Make sure the container is one which you can close completely, but which allows air to flow through the container.
- Put a small, slightly dampened sponge at the bottom of the container to provide humidity to the cigarettes.
- Keep the cellophane wrapping on the pack and in the cartons intact.
- Place salt in a shallow container and add water until you have a paste. The paste should not be too watery, but just wet.
- Then, place the shallow container with the salt water in near the cigarettes that you have not unrolled.
- Roll the cigarette sticks in a large plastic bag.
If you follow the instructions given above, you can keep your cigarettes fresh for a long time. One advantage of keeping cigarettes fresher for longer is that you can save some money since you will not have to buy cigarettes too often.